First cook on Weber Kettle 22.5

305Q

Knows what a fatty is.
So I have the temp dialed in, so it is now time for the first cook.

Ribs are rubbed:

001_zpsu1tcmzad.jpg

Coals are prepped:

002_zpsiwqe0y2s.jpg

Ribs are glistening:

003_zpsl3t18x1l.jpg

And the cook begins:

004_zpst6kf1lxm.jpg

Seeing someone fire up a Weber 22.5 for the first time always brings a smile to my face. Just a beautifully made piece of hardware! Enjoy your first cook and the many you will have in the future!

Ribs look great! Congrats on the new cooker. Ive had my 22.5 OTG for almost a year and I love it.

A tip, soak up as much knowledge as you can from 1buckie (and many others here) and if you haven't seen it yet, have him share a pic of the "kettle orphanage" in his back yard......:biggrin1:

Ribs look great! Congrats on the new cooker. Ive had my 22.5 OTG for almost a year and I love it.

A tip, soak up as much knowledge as you can from 1buckie (and many others here) and if you haven't seen it yet, have him share a pic of the "kettle orphanage" in his back yard......:biggrin1:

HAHAH I've seen the orphanage and what a beauty of a site it is. I had another thread about setting up the coals and so many people participated (including 1buckie) that it was so much of a help.

5 hour mark spritz; temp dropped a smudge as we dropped into the 50's. Adjusted vent accordingy.

DC1A7A1C-D825-49FA-8AD7-D57779B28C4D_zpsrnv3p7em.jpg

So a note about fuel consumption. I'm only half way through my coals at 5 hours. Happy to have the excess than the need.

Back