THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisket looks Good but how and why did you decide to pull it off at 192*? 202*'is more like it if you wanna go by temp.......

I've read up a lot on what others have said about ideal internal temps and pulling on briskets (195-205). So I decided I'd pull on the low side and just tent it. I could always cook it a little more if it wasn't done. My last Briskets have been on the dry side when I pulled them at 200-205 so I decided to shoot for the low side this time.

Didn't want to overcook the flat and undercook the point, tried to find a happy medium on the Brisket. The Thermapen slid in and out like butter at the test areas, had the jiggle, so I pulled it.

Glad I did, it turned out absolute perfect IMO. Juicy, nice pull, good bark and light smokey flavor.

Nice job! I know the feeling of hitting it right when it comes to practicing cooking brisket.
It took me quite a few times before I was satisfied with my consistency.

I dig the cooker as well!

Why do I immediately think "Wizard of OZ" when I see the drum?
I think it's the Tin Man hat.
Nice and funkalicious!.

Back