Finalizing cooker options. Assistance appreciated.

CSchieck

Knows what a fatty is.
Anyone have any last minute advice on options they wish they had opted for on their Shirley Fabrication cooker?

I placed my deposit on a new cooker from Shirley Fabrication back in May with an anticipated build time frame of November. I am now in the process of finalizing my specifications with Tyler, and I want to make sure I get it right.

I am going with a 24" X 65" trailer model; elevated straight back cabinet with third grate; cabinet doors; elevated warmer (rotated to face same was as cook chamber); insulated firebox; stainless steel shelf running entire length of the cooker (to include warming box); strategically placed probe inserts, and perhaps a small removable shelf to hold temp monitoring devices at the end cap of the cook chamber. I will likely add Tel-tru thermometers as well.

I cook between 4 and 6 competitions per year; cook quite frequently for family and friends (at least three times a month), and end up cooking between 100 -150 lbs. of pork 2-3 times per year for various events. With the exception of the competitions, I do most of my cooking at the house so I don't need a lot of storage or extra workspace on the trailer. The cooker will be stored in my garage when not being used.

I have loked at the options threads on this forum and every photo of these cookers I could find to determine what I felt would be right for me. I don't need or want a propane burner or griddle, and I won't need sausage hangers in the warmer box.

Any insight that can be provided on additional options I should consider would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Might consider ash pan/charcoal grate for main chamber although on yours that would be really heavy.

Another vote for the umbrella holders and ash pan. Looks like you have everything else covered.

Back