favorite cookbooks or recipe resources.

I have read most of the books listed in this thread and will add one that I really like, John Willingham's World Champion Bar-B-Q. It leans toward Memphis and Carolina and very much on the L&S temp scale but well worth adding to the library.

hmm, never heard of that one. found it on amazon though and i'm gunna order it tomorrow along with a couple others listed on here

The internet in general and here specifically. Other than that I consult my wife, she is one of the best in-kitchen southern cooks on the planet. We often will take one of here recipes and tweak it for the grill and go to school....

VR,
Harold

Question on the Pepper Plate app. Once i log on with a computer and import recipes. How do I get them to import to my IPad or phone? I though it was automatic but I guess not.

It is automatic, as long as you're blue tooth is active and the phone is close enough to the computer. I sometimes connect with my phone cord to the port on the side of my laptop, usually because I'm charging the phone, then it happens real quick. You have to open the app then you will see it update. Shoot me a PM if you have other questions.

The "BBQ Bible"

I like to try new food from any culture and I love to read recipes. I have received only a couple of BBQ books. My favorite is Steven Raichlins BBQ Bible because it explains HOW as well as WHAT and WHERE, and gives an array of multiple countries recipes and their ideas of BBQ. There is not a ton of reading but the reading is good in it, especially the stories from where he has eaten and how he learned things. One of the most used recipes for me is his "jerk pork" recipe which I have spun recipes off of multiple times for family BBQ's.

Back