THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hey everyone,
Meat Church Holy Gospel, vs Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub: For those who are familiar with both, can you please give me a comparison on these two rubs? Do they have a similar flavor profile? How about how they contribute toe the bark?

Listed ingredients:

The BBQ Rub - Brown sugar, sugar, paprika, salt, spices, dehydrated garlic, oleoresin paprika, dehydrated orange peel, natural flavor & less than 2% tricalcuim phosphate to prevent caking

Holy Gospel - Sugar, salt, spices including paprika, dextrose, dehydrated garlic, celery, silicone dioxide & spice extractives. Gluten free. No MSG.

On first look, they're similar. I see Kiiler hog includes orange peel & two types of paprika. Also may have more sugar. Meat church skips the orange and uses celery. The things that get me is when they list things like "natural flavors" and "spices" because it seems they could be almost anything.

Look forward to reading your comparisons.
JD

I use The BBQ Rub on my ribs as it gives a great color, and my favorite Meat Church rub is Holy Cow for beef, I haven't used Holy Gospel in a while, but I do like the idea of comparing for yourself because the results can be fun.

From what I understand Holy Gospel is a mix of Holy Cow and The Gospel rubs. It's going to be slightly more on the savory side compared to Killer Hogs.

Thanks Dustin,
That makes sense. They’re known to blend their rubs and market it as another.
Also makes sense to that it’ll be more savory. Killer Hogs stuff does tend towards sweet.
I’m also glad to know that because I was going to do a layer of Holy Cow & Holy Gospel. Knowing this. It makes more sense to do a layer of Gospel & Cow.

Thanks again!
JD

I have both rubs. And this is just what I like, but Holy Gospel by a long shot. I don't like The BBQ Rub at all. Malcolm is a great guy and I enjoy him on YouTube, but Holy Gospel is far better to my taste.

Thanks Dustin,
That makes sense. They’re known to blend their rubs and market it as another.
Also makes sense to that it’ll be more savory. Killer Hogs stuff does tend towards sweet.
I’m also glad to know that because I was going to do a layer of Holy Cow & Holy Gospel. Knowing this. It makes more sense to do a layer of Gospel & Cow.

Thanks again!
JD

I use both quite a bit and you pretty much nailed it above. More pepper in holy gospel. Killer hogs produces amazing color on ribs and butts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back