Favorite Charcoal Grill with ash pan

Walshman

Looking to buy a new charcoal grill. I want one that has an ash pan for easy cleanout. I have many Webers and a PK360, but looking for something different. I have been looking at a Hasty Bake, Shirley Chargriller, Meadowcreek, and Assassin. Anything else I should take a look at? Thanks

I’d get the Assassin, but I do hear good things about the Yoder Flat top grills. Worth checking out anyway. They sure look good on a comp cart.

Assassins are the best bang for the buck though.

Last edited:
I have M1 and like it but it’s a pita to empty ash etc. I like the lsg adjustable charcoal grill, especially for just grilling or 2 zone cooking. I know it can be a stick burner also, but I’d have reservations about the lift mechanism lasting from repeated stick burning, which is why I went with the m1...but I do think maybe the lsg would be better for grilling.

I have a weber performer and that works well. I’ve had a couple kamados also...I’m slowly realizing that for ease of use and all around ability, it’s awfully hard to beat a weber 26 or weber kamado 24...the 22 performer is just a little cramped for me...and I am no weber fan boy....But

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Hasty Bake Legacy that has an ash pan that is very easy to empty. It's a great grill but IMO only an ok smoker unless you want to smoke stuff at pretty high temps.

I put gaskets around the door and under the door and that made it a lot more air tight and a lot better to smoke with. They are expensive though unless you can find a used one.

I also have the M1 and find it easy to clean out because I put aluminum foil down on the bottom plate and when it gets full, I just wad it up and throw it out.

Back