THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walshman

Looking to buy a new charcoal grill. I want one that has an ash pan for easy cleanout. I have many Webers and a PK360, but looking for something different. I have been looking at a Hasty Bake, Shirley Chargriller, Meadowcreek, and Assassin. Anything else I should take a look at? Thanks

I’d get the Assassin, but I do hear good things about the Yoder Flat top grills. Worth checking out anyway. They sure look good on a comp cart.

Assassins are the best bang for the buck though.

Last edited:
I have M1 and like it but it’s a pita to empty ash etc. I like the lsg adjustable charcoal grill, especially for just grilling or 2 zone cooking. I know it can be a stick burner also, but I’d have reservations about the lift mechanism lasting from repeated stick burning, which is why I went with the m1...but I do think maybe the lsg would be better for grilling.

I have a weber performer and that works well. I’ve had a couple kamados also...I’m slowly realizing that for ease of use and all around ability, it’s awfully hard to beat a weber 26 or weber kamado 24...the 22 performer is just a little cramped for me...and I am no weber fan boy....But

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Hasty Bake Legacy that has an ash pan that is very easy to empty. It's a great grill but IMO only an ok smoker unless you want to smoke stuff at pretty high temps.

I put gaskets around the door and under the door and that made it a lot more air tight and a lot better to smoke with. They are expensive though unless you can find a used one.

I also have the M1 and find it easy to clean out because I put aluminum foil down on the bottom plate and when it gets full, I just wad it up and throw it out.

Back