Egg Hash Brown Bacon Wrap on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
My attempts at hash browns in the past have always been disappointing. Probably due to impatience and not letting the potatoes dry sufficiently. I opted to remedy my problematic attempts this morning. I peeled and grated three Yukon Gold potatoes, soaked and rinsed them a few times, then squeezed as much water from them as possible by hand. I then spread them out between paper towels to dry as thoroughly as possible.

I started this in a CI skillet on the stove, but there were too many potatoes to fit the pan. So out to the Blackstone. I'd just cleared out the 3 inches of snow that arrived yesterday so the area was ready to go.

Heated up the griddle, sprayed some EVOO and let 'em sit for a bit along with a few leftover bacon strips -

k4EGaii.jpg

After letting them be for 10 minutes or so it was time to give them a flip and put some eggs on -

rz0zYmn.jpg

c3OetGL.jpg

Eggs are looking good -

B86njjT.jpg

Time to build a wrap. This is a store bought Lavash. Eggs, hash browns, bacon on top -

uZ7KWIs.jpg

Looking mighty good all wrapped up -

IgH73eb.jpg

Breakfast is ready -

cUY8rmB.jpg

o8dyLNJ.jpg

s3KVE0c.jpg

I definitely need to make these more often! The hash browns finally turned out the way I expected them to be. Taking the prep time and not rushing things pays off.

Thanks for checking in on today's Egg Hash Brown Bacon Wrap breakfast.

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks excellent. Glad to hear you made peace with the hash browns. They’re an important part of breakfast IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love hashbrowns and also have trouble. I'm usually doing them in skillet (inside) and I just always have too much in the pan.

Squeezing the water out helps a lot too.

Looks amazing though. I'd say you did a helluva job!

That is one amazing looking breakfast and definitely one that a little snow can't stand in the way of! I especially like the nice eat-it-on-the-go package that it's all wrapped up in.

Well damn! I can't say that I've ever had my breakfast come out that pretty.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Way to go! :thumb:
I woulda probably messed it up by adding cheese.

That was my thought this morning as I looked back over the pictures. Cheese and perhaps some red peppers for color. But my focus was on the hash browns, so next time.

Although these were a bit time consuming to prepare, they were definitely worth the effort. As an fyi, I did sprinkle onion powder and paprika on these which enhanced the flavor. I'm not a huge fan of hash browns with a ton of onions, I'd rather taste the potatoes.

This is definitely one of those times where the Blackstone seems mandatory. Just something about having all that real estate on a flat top.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

It must feel great to know that if you run out of cast iron in the kitchen, you got all the backup needed just out the door. Like, realizing you need a power tool and knowing you have it.

Will shovel for breakfast :-D

Last edited:
Dom have ever considered putting a bowl/dome over the hash browns? I think it speeds up the cook and increases browning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back