THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rexbbq

Full Fledged Farker
I decided to make a little Easter Sunday Breakfast Fatty.

Basically it is a fatty stuffed with potatoes, habanero cheese, hard boiled eggs and hot sauce. The outer layer is a bacon weave drizzled with maple syrup.

I rolled out the sausage, added the potatoes, franks red hot, the eggs and topped with cheese. Seasoned with salt and obie cues double garlic pepper. Then I rolled up the sausage.

Then I made a bacon weave, drizzled it with maple syrup and wrapped it all up.

Slow smoked it on the weber one touch until the the internal was 165. I let it rest and then cut into the bad boy. The hard boiled eggs were a surprise to everyone.

bf3.jpg

bf4.jpg

bf5.jpg

bf6.jpg

bf10.jpg

bf12.jpg

bf14.jpg

bf15.jpg

bf16.jpg

It was the best breakfast ever!!!

Thanks everyone. I like the traditional too, but I wanted something that had a little more substance. It was freaking delicious. The touch of maple syrup put it over the top.

That's why I'm here. Great ideas like that!! Thanks!!!

Looks sooooo good! I like the sound of the maple syrup too. Thanks for the idea I will give it a try! :-D

Isn't it great with the maple syrup on it? I love 'em that way! Haven't had a fatty yet without it! Great job!! :wink:

The Maple syrup was the best part.

"For the weave lay out eight strips horizontally, depending on the size and quality of your bacon. Fold over every second horizontal piece of bacon from the middle, and place a strip vertically across. Now, fold the strips that were left flat previously across the piece you laid vertically. Place another piece of bacon vertically across, directly next to the first vertical piece. Repeat until you reach the end and do the same thing on the other side of the first vertical strip." - Excerpt from How to Cook Hero

Back