THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DefTaker

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Tony
Hope everyone's doing well in spite of the current situation...I have tonz of bbq & grilin pronz but too lazy to post & upload...but I hadn't smoked a fatty in a while and well, this one was just too good not to share. Plus, I gotta give back to this community as I'd never heard of smoking a fatty (not in the bbq sense, anyway :wink:) until I joined this forum.

Ran outta parchment paper so I kinda just got lazy/sloppy on the tuck/fold/roll back after stuffing the fatty but I gotta say, despite not being a looker, she came out tasting mighty fine!

Here's the deets on this fatty:

• Jimmy Deans regular
  • Memphis Dust
  • cream cheese
  • sharp cheddar
  • sweated onions (not caramelized)
  • bacon (cooked crispy and crumbled into the cream cheese, onion and cheddar mix in the middle)

Meathead's Memphis Dust + Jimmy Dean's is a great combo on its own...previously used Malcom Reed's Hot BBQ Rub (which I still prefer on my St. Louis ribs) but the Memphis Dust takes it on the fatty.

Attachments

Looks great! I prefer Malcom's The BBQ Rub on my fatties. Good stuff!

I've tried both his original and hot BBQ Rubs and prefer the Hot but I really think the Memphis Dust pairs better with the flavor profile of the regular flavored Jimmy Dean's sausage.

When it comes to ribs though, I think The Hot BBQ rub is where it's at! Just ran out of the 5lb bag but I'm thinking I'd like to give something different a shot before I reorder another 5lb bag from Malcolm :D

Back