Diggity Dog Days of Summer--Homemade All-Beef Dogs

What brand (type) stuffer do you use? Also have you figured up the cost vs store bought? Not that it matters fresh is always better just wanted to know. I'm just getting info so I can start doing this as well. Thanks

What brand (type) stuffer do you use? Also have you figured up the cost vs store bought? Not that it matters fresh is always better just wanted to know. I'm just getting info so I can start doing this as well. Thanks

I use an LEM #5 stuffer. My total cost for meat $10 for 2 1/2 lbs of chuck. The ingredient costs are minimal, just t a few cents if that. If you incorporate chicken, pork along with the beef like other hot dogs then your cost will be even lower.

Outstanding cook Neighbor!
I'm not a hot dog fan but would definitely hit these. Looks nommy Sako! :mrgreen:

WOW. Looks great.

Couple questions.

What recipe for the dogs, I have been wanting to make some. Nevermind, I finished reading the thread. :oops:

What is the name of that curly fry maker? I love curly fries.

WOW. Looks great.

Couple questions.

What recipe for the dogs, I have been wanting to make some. Nevermind, I finished reading the thread. :oops:

What is the name of that curly fry maker? I love curly fries.

Thanks Adam!

When it comes to fries, same here. They're my favorite. It's called Progressive International Curly Fry Cutter.

I use an LEM #5 stuffer. My total cost for meat $10 for 2 1/2 lbs of chuck. The ingredient costs are minimal, just t a few cents if that. If you incorporate chicken, pork along with the beef like other hot dogs then your cost will be even lower.

Do you have a meat mixer as well?

Back