dessert to follow BBQ?

When in season, we love strawberry-rhubarb cobbler cooked in the grill. I like to add a little apple smoke with it.

P5290173_2.jpg

Two words - grilled doughnuts.

Get some plain glazed donuts (don't bother with chocolate or sprinkles or anything, sugared is ok). Put them on the grill for about 30 seconds. Just enough to get nice grill lines, they'll be warm, gooey, and just a little smoky. Eat them immediately. You really need to serve them to people right off the grill.

Amazing.

And people always think its just cool.

Lemon ice box pie, simple and compliments que nicely.

This right here!

Get a box of Graham crackers, crush them up (or get the box of already crushed up - better). Mix with 6 TBSP sugar.

Melt 3 sticks butter in a 9x13 pan in a 425 or 450 degree oven (watch it close!)

Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl to make crust. Pat into pan. Brown off in oven (takes 5-10 minutes).

Meanwhile, mix 2 cans condensed milk with 7.5 oz lemon juice (I use those frozen minute maid thingees - not the concentrate, but the little yellow bottles of juice - you could use juice from actual lemons as well, but why start getting natural at this point?)

Pour filling on hot crust, let it cool a little, stick it in the fridge to set, then practice accepting compliments graciously.*:bow:

+ a million on Nanner pudding and Peach Cobbler.

Also like fruity-jello salads when it's blazin' hot outside.

We also make spiked fruit jello shots - soak a bunch of fruit in the liquor of your choice (peaches and cherries in vodka, for instance), make up some normal jello shooters, and instead of adding alchohol, add one piece of the spiked fruit to each. Also lets you try different flavor combinations (peaches spiked with vodka in an orange jello shooter is one of my favs.)

Someone mentioned grilled stonefruit:

peachesstarted.jpg

With homemade ice cream:
finishedpeaches.jpg

Blueberry cobbler:
cobbler4.jpg

With homemade ice cream:
money.jpg

The problem with monkey bread is that it's impossible to stop eating it. Totally impossible.

Try dat bro. I always end up feeling sick. Those little balls are addicting, like little balls of crack. But I can't bake for chit and the directions are on the package of biscuits. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'm not really a dessert person. I like to snack on desserts, but rarely have them after a meal. But after BBQ, I find myself wanting acidic things like lemon bars/cake or sherbet. Maybe it's the final balance to the salt, sweet and savory mix that comes with 'que?

Back