Dedicated Grill

Just throwing this out there buuuuut, has anyone mention a Weber kettle or the Weber Summit charcoal :mrgreen:

Some food for thought, once I had kids, I stopped using the kettle during the week after work because it was just too much hassle. Ended up getting a Genesis II SE-410 Propane, and cook at least one weekday now.

I've had my WSCG for going on two months now. Since that time, I have fired her up about 20+ times. Mostly grilling, with a couple smokes thrown in. I have not done a butt or a brisket on it yet, but I have done ribs, chicken, burgers, sausages, steaks, apps, pretty much all your basic grill items. Most of the cooks were in the one hour range, a couple took two hours or so, and the rib cook took about 6 hours (other things were smoked too).

First thing I will say is that it is efficient. I filled the charcoal bin up when I first got it by dumping a new bag of KBB into it. I rake the old coals, stir in some new KBB, dump the ash pan, fire her up, cook, and then shut her down. The next cook I do "might" require me to open the second bag.

This WSCG replaced my Weber Genesis S-330. When it comes to start up time, the gasser would be ready to cook a little faster, but were not talking about enough time that I would want a gasser instead of the WSCG for after work grilling. I'd typically start the gasser on high, brush off the grates after it got over 700*, turn it down and let it settle, then start to grill. Twenty minutes? With the WSCG, it might take 30.

As far as temp ranges go, I am still working with consistency at the low (225*) end, can easily keep it stable anywhere from from 250* to 400* as needed, and like that I can open the turbo vents and go from 275* to over 500* in less than 10 minutes. I have not seen how high she will go yet.

If the budget is still up up in the air, I really like assassins grill. You can smoke very well on it too.

Weber grills last so long i have purchased two stand alone 3 leg 22 inch grills in my life. Each time i said i wish i had spent the extra money to get the performer type with built in cart... So this time on my 3rd weber i did!

Attachments

• IMG_7085.jpg
    IMG_7085.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7100.jpg
    IMG_7100.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 187
Weber kettle. Tried to deviate years ago to try what else was out there and came running back. Can't beat the Weber kettle.

Tried a lot myself, including a green egg type cooker. Weber kettle is one of the greatest little inventions ever made.....it just is. And I’m no chef but I have never had food prepared on an egg I didn’t feel I could do better on a kettle with the exception of pizza....JMHO

If all you want is high heat cooking machine for grilling.A tractor rim and a grate,a place the put the rim.See Cowgirl's posts.If you wanna get fancy,there are other options.

Back