THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charny

Full Fledged Farker
Just saw this at Costco and picked up a large container, 20oz for $12. It was not a salt-bomb (50mg in 1/4 tsp), and the ingredients list is interresting - garic, salt, onion, parsley, mustard seed, lemon peel, orange peel, cayenne pepper. It is a very fine powder.

Anyone have any experience with it? I should have put it on my hot dog but forgot. Tongue taste, it seems a bit strong on cumin.

I spotted that too at Costco but I wanted to hear some feedback first. I spotted it a Lowes today too.

It's good stuff but I would use it as a sprinkle on seasoning over a rub. I believe they have 3 blends now. Original, Spicy, and Chipotle. Even the original has got a bit of zing. Use in moderation. On another note I went to HS with Dan's older brother. Small world.

I picked up a bottle at Sam's a couple of months back. I don't care for it at all. I guess I am biased toward Cajun style seasonings, which this ain't.

I finally got around to putting this in a small shaker. So will hopefully give it a try soon.

I understand they've been doing a lot of promotion on social media, so that is a bit of a turnoff. But "eatin' speaks louder than words" so I'll just have to give it a shake.

Back