Custom build for jbounds286

Dang Dave! No power didn't get you thinking to go old school and get out the torches, done that before. :wink:

Ain't as pretty but does work. Actually I would have been working on that beer instead too. As you can see from my avatar :mrgreen:

just noticed this thread, great work dave! You have this way of making really hard tasks look really simple. Looking forward to seeing it complete!

Got Electricity yet? :loco:

Yep, took the hull into the sand blaster on Monday, should get it back tomorrow or Thursday. The tank had like 15 coats of paint on it and I could not get the grounds to work worth a chit for the plasma or mig; got tired of fightng it and grinding chitty cuts & welds. Really looking forward to significant progress later this week and next week; delivery scheduled for late September.

Thanks for sharing this!! I had my baby built out of a tank just like this but I don't weld so I am really interested in your process.

If I ever learn how to there wont be a piece of steel safe for miles around me. LOL I have so many ideas in my head :wink: it would fun to bring them to life.

Will be waiting for more updates.

Hiatus, the bad kind:doh:

Cracked head on my medium sized tractor, my main mower at the worst part of mowing season. Decided that if I'm tearing it down that far, I might as well do a complete overhaul. New head and machining should be ready mid-week and hopefully it will be back in service by the end of the week.

Good news is I've figured out the geometry if the spring assist hinge on the lid:thumb:

Dang Dave! I would hate to crack my head on any size tractor! Get well soon! :shocked:

Dang Dave! I would hate to crack my head on any size tractor! Get well soon! :shocked:

All is good, put a new head on the tractor and while I had it torn down I went ahead and did valves, cylinder sleves and rings, runs like new. But it is still a 30 year old tractor so I retired if from the lead mower role on the farm and got me a new Gravely zero turn; that sucker mows bahia at 13 mph:thumb:

AF1QipPchTiQtEEb0U_RjpuURfOUyxKFaQLSuc10iRhJ

from the business end

All is good, put a new head on the tractor and while I had it torn down I went ahead and did valves, cylinder sleves and rings, runs like new. But it is still a 30 year old tractor so I retired if from the lead mower role on the farm and got me a new Gravely zero turn; that sucker mow ahia at 13 mph:thumb:

Good choice on the Gravely, had mine going on three years now, still runs like the day I brought it home and it gets used a lot.

Back