Curing bacon... cooking hams smoking deer shoulders... cooking pork bellies... I'm just having fun

Great job on the deer.

Can you share some info on the quick curing method you use?

I did a 2 day cure using Morton tender quick ..... cowgirl does a quick cure on porkchops I think she will do it for a few hrs..I really like the way the deer shoulders turned out.... will be doing it again... I think it is one tablespoon per pound of meat....

Wow is an understatement on those cooks Paul!

I have a lot of cherry on my farm, when you get my cooker done next year bring a pickup and I'll fill the bed with it. :)

Don't dare tempt me.... I'm always in for a road trip..... I love cherry just don't have access to it......

That was some amazing looking cooks.everything looked so good.i would have loved to have a 5 gallon bucket full of that pulled deer. I love deer on the smoker. Thanks again for the Dirks rub. I used it today on a butt and it was off the chain.

I liked everything, and
I like the onion soup trick,
That's an old 'Joy of Cooking' recipe w/ chuck roast - never thought to do it w/ venison shoulder. Bet it was even more tasty than the pics show.
Nice!

It all looks outstanding Paul! That's the way I do deer shoulders, kind of smoke/braise them til tender.
Hope all is well on your end of the world. I'm still in Dallas but plan to go home next weekend.

Everything looks great Paul! I wish I had access to venison here on Long Island. I love it! The cured and pulled shoulder looks incredible. Everything does. I also need to start the deliberations with my wife about ordering a Shirley haha. They can do everything my 16 other grills and smokers can...maybe if I sell a couple she will be a little more open to the suggestion haha

Back