Curing bacon... cooking hams smoking deer shoulders... cooking pork bellies... I'm just having fun

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well I've been busy.. between my 4 days at the refinery.... building cookers... ( yes I'm under a welding hood).... I've been doing some cooks also.... here's a few pics... my mamma use to say all work and no play "makes Jack a dull boy"
Mamma was right.... always.... first off I got the bellies out that I got off a 400# hog I bought from a friend

The bellies were cured with tenderquick and various seasonings....28 pounds ready for prolly a 7/10 day cure

I saved a 3 pound hunk of belly to cook that was not cured.... pics to follow later

I also did a quick cure on 2 deer shoulders Tyler gave me off of a doe he killed.. got a little info from a fellow brethern.... thx here are the shoulders washed down after the cure.... covered with various seasoning and topped off with udder madness

The shoulders got put in a pan when they got the desired color I wanted I put 2 packs of Lipton onion soup mix and 8 cups of water in the pan and foils the top

Also I had 3 pre- cooked hams I smoked along with the deer rubbed the hams with EVOO and Texas Shake.... also put the 3 pound pork belly in the cooker too.... the belly was not cured

Pork belly and ham

On the smoker

It's all done.... the deer I cooked so I could pull it.. it was very moist not Gamey at all... the deer was in the tenderquick 2 days never done that before but will do it again ifront shoulders

The deer shoulders

Pulled the shoulders.... they were seriously tasty...

The pork belly was... Awesome too... never done a belly

Sliced belly

Yea I liked it.....

The hams were spot on too..... I've literally cooked hundreds of pre-cooked hams..... and no no no.... I do not like sweet stuff on my hams....Yuk!!!!

This was all cooked with hickory... and a touch of cherry which I never get

2 nights before we had pan seared strips.. found a great buy on some good ones

Well mamma would be proud... her baby boy.... has been having fun..... I sho miss my mamma

Thx for taking a little peep.....

Wow. Paul I think I need to move next to you. That is some serious cooking. We're going in deer amazing. So does everything but those two really interest me as I've never had them

Those are some amazing looking cooks Paul, thanks for the tip on the venison. All I can say is you all are eating pretty dang good.

Wow is an understatement on those cooks Paul!

I have a lot of cherry on my farm, when you get my cooker done next year bring a pickup and I'll fill the bed with it. :)

Back