Creekstone brisket sale

Shippping

My 2 Creekstone briskets were ship yesterday May 1st by Fed Ex . They are to arrive on Thursday May 4th. Does that sound normal?
I never purchased any kind of meat online..I'm hoping they arrive in good condition..
Thanks DanB

My 2 Creekstone briskets were ship yesterday May 1st by Fed Ex . They are to arrive on Thursday May 4th. Does that sound normal?
I never purchased any kind of meat online..I'm hoping they arrive in good condition..
Thanks DanB

Yes, that's normal.

Thanks DanB

They will be shipped around 3:30pm, they will prolly put about half dozen gel packets and some dry ice with them. I'd guess they would be thawed by the time they get to you, but should be cold.

I was very happy with my briskets.

I have some Duroc pork butts coming tomorrow.:thumb:

Just ordered 2 myself...I asked them to not ship thru fed ex, if they do I'll never receive them! SOMEBODY else will definitely be lucky. Around here fed ex couldn't find water in the Atlantic ocean

Weird that we have the same FedEx driver. How's your ups driver? Ours is light years better than the FedEx guy.

Thanks DanB

Yes, perfectly normal.

....and mine did too:-D

They will be shipped around 3:30pm, they will prolly put about half dozen gel packets and some dry ice with them. I'd guess they would be thawed by the time they get to you, but should be cold.

My 2 Creekstone Briskets arrive this morning..They were frozen solid..Packed with 6 gel packs..Boy they are big, looked like more then 14 lbs.
I had trouble getting one in my fridge freezer, the door wouldn't shut, finally moved it around enough to get the door shut.:clap2:

The other is defrosting in the fridge. Forecast here for rain the next few days, then into the smoker..

Thanks DanB

My 2 Creekstone Briskets arrive this morning..They were frozen solid..Packed with 6 gel packs..Boy they are big, looked like more then 14 lbs.
I had trouble getting one in my fridge freezer, the door wouldn't shut, finally moved it around enough to get the door shut.:clap2:

The other is defrosting in the fridge. Forecast here for rain the next few days, then into the smoker..

Thanks DanB
Sweet! Mine should have arrived today as well, but I won't know until later. I'm trying to decide if I will thaw one or freeze both for later use.

Thanks DanB

I weighed one of mine that I'm cooking this weekend, 16#.:thumb:

I also got my PB's today, they look real nice too.

Last edited:
I put one on a bathroom scale and kept getting 17.5 lbs.
DanB

I got 2 this evening. Didn't weigh them but 17# would not be a far stretch. Trimming was a little sloppy; 1 was missing a 1.5" round section of fat cap. They have a lot of extra trimming fat, sliver skin, ect., compared to the prime I got from them 6 weeks ago. However the prime paid $112, and these were $54 each (both via KCBS discount). It's more than ok as the website specifies they are not comp. grade. On the positive side, will allow for good quality time with the smoker. Also, they are real thick especially in the flat. I think once trimmed up melted into meat candy it's going to be a sweet treat. In 2-3 weeks when. I cook it I will have a verdict...

I got mine yesterday and didn't weigh it but would guess its in the 14lb range. Packed with a half dozen packs and just starting to get a lirrle soft on the surface. Frozen solid beyond that.

What was strange though is that it appears to show that it's Prime rather than choice - unless they are using the term prime as part of their name vs a grade

Just wet age. If you don't know the cut date, find out if you can. Just age. Don't judge quality without the proper age. Difference is remarkable. Trust me.

Just wet age. If you don't know the cut date, find out if you can. Just age. Don't judge quality without the proper age. Difference is remarkable. Trust me.

I haven't bought any direct for a few years, but these are different. they have a plastic sticker inside the cryo that states the kill date. Very convenient.

When I first started buying them direct, you could get a large prime for $80, which included shipping. That lasted about 6-8 months before they raised the price.

Briskets

I haven't bought any direct for a few years, but these are different. they have a plastic sticker inside the cryo that states the kill date. Very convenient.

My 2 briskets came in as Master Choice, would have loved to have gotten prime.
What good is the sticker inside of the cryo, you have break open the cryo to find it? I wish the sticker was outside, so I can leave the brisket in the cryo.

Thanks DanB

Brisket

Finally got 1 of the briskets to defrost..Nice looking piece of meat, really good marbling in the point, thick flat..That is the good news, bad news weather not cooperating..Had to cut the 17.5 lb brisket in quarters. Put a 5 lb flat & point cut in the oven at 11:30 pm last night temp 225, this morning at 10:30 the point probed tender but the flat wasn't even close .I'm going to put the flat back in when I get home from brunch.
Is that normal that the point was far ahead of the flat? Never came across that before with my briskets.
Thanks DanB

Yes and not every animal. They select various primal cuts from random animals and grade.
At least that's my understanding

Not sure where you got that info - in plants that Quality grade, each carcass is graded. The grader looks at two things, maturity of the carcass and the marbling in the ribeye, split between the 12th and 13th ribs. Quality grading is not mandatory, inspection is. Carcasses not quality graded cannot be called Prime, Choice, etc..

Hey All,

So I bought 3 of these Creekstone Briskets during the sale and finally got around to smoking the smallest one yesterday. Overall I'm very happy with the product : it was well marbled, and outside of a big gash in the middle of the flat (not doing competition so no worries) it was butchered very well.

I did a traditional "low and slow" cook at 225-250F for about 10.5 hours over pecan wood. I took it to an internal temp of 203 in the point and everything was amazing... a few of the outer slices of the flat were a bit dry, but as I got further inward it was much better.

I tried placing pics in here but they were ENORMOUS! SO if you want to see the pics follow the link.

http://imgur.com/a/9LGkS

Last edited:
Back