Creekstone brisket sale

Probably a good time to say: "I do not get paid to endorse this company, I am only endorsing on my experience with them." :becky:

Cheers!:thumb:

Damn... where were you 10 minutes ago? LOL No worries man, thanks for the heads up on the hookup though. I just got myself a new smoker, from Johnson Smokers, and I'm just dying to smoke a few briskets on it. So far all I've been doing is pork and I just get bored with it.

As I alluded to in an earlier post I have't been able to get brisket out here for over a month. I was eye-balling the Waygu brisket thread from a few days about but $450 for 4 briskets is a pretty tough sell.

Not exactly how it works.

USDA grading is done by taking a sample of meat from a lot and grading it.

Not every piece of beef gets physically graded.
They bank on an average of the lot being of the same grade.

It is very possible to get prime grade meat that is labeled choice, just as it's possible to get a select cut that is labeled choice

YMMV

As I understand it, an entire animal is graded, and not the particular cut. Is this correct?

Damn... where were you 10 minutes ago? LOL No worries man, thanks for the heads up on the hookup though. I just got myself a new smoker, from Johnson Smokers, and I'm just dying to smoke a few briskets on it. So far all I've been doing is pork and I just get bored with it.

As I alluded to in an earlier post I have't been able to get brisket out here for over a month. I was eye-balling the Waygu brisket thread from a few days about but $450 for 4 briskets is a pretty tough sell.
That's awesome! I'm sure you will be happy. Show us some pics of your cooking. As you know, we like food pron:)

That's awesome! I'm sure you will be happy. Show us some pics of your cooking. As you know, we like food pron:)

Roger WilCo.

Just saw that you're out of Vegas. I grew up there and moved to Carolina in 2001 for the Marine Corps. We lived out there in North Vegas between Lone Mtn and Anne. I miss it sometimes but I have to say I love the people and easy life style out here in Carolina.

Creekstone is where Franklin gets his briskets so I would say they are pretty good.

It is true that he gets them (or at least some) from Creekstone, but he is buying their primes; pretty close to all of them if I recall.

Last edited:
Where is Creekstone Farms located?

I've google Creekstone and came up with this. http://store.creekstonefarms.com/our-story/

Not positive, but it looks like it was a family owned cattle business at one time. Now it is a processing plant and it's located in Arkansas City Ks..
I'm trying to locate the ranches where the cattle are raised.

A clip from their site.
Creekstone Farms Premium Beef is owned by an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc. Sun Capital Partners, Inc. is a leading private investment firm focused on leveraged buyouts, equity, debt, and other investments in market-leading companies that can benefit from its in-house operating professionals and experience. For more information about Sun Capital, visit Sun Capital Partners or connect with Sun Capital Partners on Street Insiders.

also...

Do you know where your beef comes from? At Creekstone Farms we process only the finest Premium Black Angus Beef, all born and bred in the USA. Not Mexico or Canada. So that means not only do we support local farms, but we also ensure our beef has met some the most rigid food safety standards anywhere.

more info...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creekstone_Farms_Premium_Beef

Stumbled across this too..

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Creekstone-Farms-Premium-Beef/reviews

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Cowgirl! Knowing they are owned by Sun Capital makes it easy for me to take my business elsewhere. I worked for a different company they owned and the way they managed it and looked out for their people was shameful.

They have a state of the art slaughter house that has no corners, stairs for the cattle. They believed, when they built it, that cattle would be more relaxed if the had less stress factors. They believed that when cattle came to corners that it caused them to be more stressful by having to decide which way to go. Same for unloading, which is why no stairs for them to have to go up.

Can't remember where I read all this, it was quite fascinating.

Sorry to see they have gone that way jeanie.

We have great genetics in our Angus herd. A few awards to prove it and prime is prime.

Heck even I dig around in the cooler at Costco. If I'm careful I might even find one that's 9+, probably a good cross bred. :)

I was interested in seeing where their cattle come from. Most of the online beef sites I run across aren't raising the cattle, just buying it elsewhere and selling the processed meat.
I'm happy with my home grown Black Angus and don't plan on purchasing ...was just curious. :-D

My butcher is a cattle rancher too. Raises, processes and sells his own. I like knowing where my beef comes from. :)

Back