THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
A bit back Cowgirl posted a thread where she made some beef cheek tacos and a meat pie. With her blessing I was authorized to give it a shot. It came out really good but not as purdy as hers. I just don't have that woman's touch and I'm glad BTW.:becky:

Here goes it:

Braised the beef cheeks

20150119_171407.jpg

Pulled it

20150119_172715.jpg

Shreaded hash browns. I cooked it a little bit to achieve a crispy crust or something:biggrin1:

20150119_180230.jpg

Roasted and skinned some bell peppers

20150119_180402.jpg

A layer of roasted peppers and some left over rice I had sitting around (Why not??)

20150119_180915.jpg

Layered meat next, repeat with roasted pepper, rice.. you get the point

20150119_181138.jpg

Bacon weave ( I really tried lol)

20150119_181852.jpg

Bacon was in tact but it shrank so I decided to chop it up and lay it on top

20150119_195935.jpg

And bam... I said it wasn't purdy BUT it was farking delicious. Some salad and lentil and rice pilaf.

20150119_201620.jpg

20150119_201450.jpg

20150119_201345.jpg

20150119_201441.jpg

20150119_202232.jpg

Thanks Jeanie!

Dang that looks SO good!! I like your pre-cooked tatoe idea and love the sound of your ingredients.
Wish mine looked as good as yours. Well done ssv, thanks for posting! :clap::clap::clap: :becky:

Dang that looks SO good!! I like your pre-cooked tatoe idea and love the sound of your ingredients.
Wish mine looked as good as yours. Well done ssv, thanks for posting! :clap::clap::clap: :becky:

Thanks Jeanie! No way mine looks as good as yours but I appreciate the kind words. As for the ingredients, I had some leftover rice and used that because I didn't really have cheese that I can incorporate into it.

Bottom line it was really good and I wouldn't know what better dish to make with the cheeks other than tacos if you hadn't posted.

:kiss:

Thanks Jeanie! No way mine looks as good as yours but I appreciate the kind words. As for the ingredients, I had some leftover rice and used that because I didn't really have cheese that I can incorporate into it.

Bottom line it was really good and I wouldn't know what better dish to make with the cheeks other than tacos if you hadn't posted.

:kiss:

Thanks ssv! :hug:
You did a really nice job on that bacon lattice too. :thumb:

Wow, I'd tear that up! Love the crispy taters on the bottom! It's just hard to go wrong with some cheek meat... under appreciated bits, for sure.

That looks amazing!!!!!! I've been REALLY wanting to make one of those over the past couple weeks.:clap2::clap2:

On a side note.......is it a bad sign that when I read the thread title I thought I was in the woodpile??:redface::redface::redface:

Nicely done. I'll have to put that on my list.
My wifes family is Canadian and their meat pie is very bland. Wait till I throw this at them.

Back