County Fair & BBQ Contest, Columbia, 07/28-07/29

Columbia and the 13 mile proximity has about 13 teams or more!! And about 7 to 10 more that only do Backyard. The bad news is that we only have 2 BBQ Joints in town, and neither one is great Q. The good news is that we all get along really well and would do just about anything to help each other out.It's the MOFO way!!

spicewine said:
. The good news is that we all get along really well and would do just about anything to help each other out.It's the MOFO way!!

And I think that Beta Beta Que Society thing you guys do, to help people out like that police officer in the past, is farking top notch!!

Jay's right, for a bunch of competitors, we're a pretty tight bunch, kinda like I like to think the Florida boys are.... I think we've all learned to overlook or accept what we don't agree with and focus on our passion and camaraderie.

And yes it usually is hot.....but I'd personally like to invite anyone that would like to compete at this one to a cold one, a 'rita, or a gatorade.....Jay's buying......:twisted: Just kidding, JT will pick up the tab......:shock: ......OK, I'm buying......:rolleyes:

I wouldn't miss Columbia, devil's ass hot or not. I get the same sense of commraderie with the teams local to KC and have already made some good friends around here. Thankfully through this place, I've gotten to know the central MOFOs and you farkers are good humans too! Looking forward to hooking up at a few comps this coming season!

BBQchef33 said:
wow.... thats a concept thats somewhat shocking. I thought that at a sanctioned event, KCBS would required as many certified judges as possible, and only then hit the public pools. Personally, i prefer to be judged by a qualified/certified judge, that is looking for the same specific goals that me, as a cook tries to hit. If I know that i am feeding a judging tent of regular joes, my ribs WILL fall off the bone, and the brisket will fail the rubber band test. Never knew the organizer can assign whoever they wanted. Thats somewhat disappointing.(my opinion, to me, just me, dont jump it).

with you on this Phil, we talked about this in Key Largo!
I would rather have cert Judges every day!

drbbq said:
My guess would be that he's using that excuse to weed out disruptive judges as he sees fit.

Why must we talk about this over and over like being a CBJ is some great accomplishment. All you have to do is have $30 and a few hours. Nobody has ever failed the course. After the class you are never tested or questioned. I like the program as a promotional tool and a fundraiser, but to assume these CBJ's are all "Looking for" the same anything is kind of ridiculous.
Experience is what would be important to me.
Bad habbits? Cool Ray now we have a talk topic for 1am next weekend in Lakeland.

Hot as hell

Yea, That place is hot, I went last year to eat some Q and this brother liked to die. My old lady was having to fan me and pour water on my ass, Damn it was hot. Then I got hold of some spicy Q and liked to have locked up. They need to do that in the spring

Yea, That place is hot, I went last year to eat some Q and this brother liked to die. My old lady was having to fan me and pour water on my ass, Damn it was hot. Then I got hold of some spicy Q and liked to have locked up. They need to do that in the spring

No dispute here on last year. However, in true midwest fashion, you can NEVER count on the weather, not even in late july. 2 yrs ago it was farking cold!! 50's, windy and then it rained, and rained and rained. We needed truck loads of briq and parkas.
You never can tell!!

Back