Costco Prime Briskets

Kevin James

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
KJ, Renegade Pit BBQ
I know lot's of people here have been effected by the fact that Costco's in many regions are no longer carrying the Prime grade briskets.

I just got off the phone with Costco's corporate office to inquire about this and complain. The customers service rep was very nice and said that she would escalate this to their main buyer who deals with the briskets. She said the more calls they get like this the more likely it is that they would rethink this decision.

So... If your like me and Costco is the only LOCAL source for Prime briskets, it would be a good idea to put in a call to the corporate office at 800 774 2678 to complain. I know it's a long shot, but the more calls they get the better.

Additionally (not in place of a call) you can also go to their website and put "feedback" in to the search bar, and you can leave them a message about it that way as well.

That’s no good! I live on the border of NYC. I don’t know if that makes a difference. I would imagine it would be harder to acquire a good brisket in the Northeast. Not like the good old days in Texas when you could walk into any HEB and pickup a nice brisket like eggs. I actually have a brisket group chat with the guys at work for when some one finds good brisket. They normally pick it up by default and we pay that person later. If push comes to shove, I guess you could always use the online meat markets.

Thanks for sharing, i will be giving them a call. I checked my local stores and business center in the bay area and it looks like Choice only here now also. The choice briskets aren't even that much less per pound which is the second bummer of this.

Back