Goodbye Choice Briskets...Yum

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
So I only do a few brisket cooks a year and most times I do Choice, just because they're cheaper. Fairly recently I decided to splurge on a Costco Prime and results were far above any of my previous Choice briskets and the thing is, they're only really a few dollars more, if that. Case in point, yesterday I smoked a Costco Prime that ran around $3.50/lb. I did an overnighter in my MAK2 on this one and results were great. This was my second Prime brisket and I don't think I can ever go back to Choice.

wPiMciF.jpg

sNrFGxS.jpg

I agree. For a long time Choice was the best i could get for a reasonable price. So i pulled all the stops to make good briskets with what was available to me. When Sams finally carried Prime in my area, it was like night and day. It felt impossible to screw up. It was like the difference between a select brisket and a pork butt. I thought to myself, how can anyone screw up a prime brisket. I just laugh to myself when i see someone post a prime brisket fail.

Prime for $3.50 at Costco? Sam's here in Fl. is $4.29 for prime, not sure about Costco.

Your brisket looks great, can't believe even California is beating us with brisket prices. Crazy.

Killed it!

I can remember when there weren't really any grades. That's what I learned to cook. But they were stupid cheap. That being said. I really like the American "fake" wagyu briskets.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back