THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I saw them...?

Maybe this is a Iowa Costco thing, but they no longer carry prime packer briskets??
It's been about a month since I last hit my local Costco here in New Orleans.

I could swear I still saw the prime ones there last time, but I'll check next time I go, which should be this weekend.

cayenne

Costco doesn't carry Prime briskets in my area of PA. When they opened a store here about 5 years ago they didn't even sell whole packers, only trimmed flats. Now they sell whole packers but only choice grade.

When i asked the store manager if they could get them in, he told me no because they didn't have a sku and prices vary from store to store or in this case state to state. He said they could put in a request to corporate, but said i shouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
I had no luck finding a Prime at Costco a week and a half ago for the 4th. According to the employee they had Prime brisket available early in the AM before they sold out for the day. (Twin Cities) I got to talking to another customer about briskets and he mentioned he called 3-4 other Costco locations about Prime and had no luck.

Only Choice Packers and Flats for a while here in my neck of the woods in PA. Used to have Primes all the time...

Back