Commercial Rib Rubs

From what I understand if you keep your rubs out of the light, and tightly sealed up, they will last a bit longer before losing their zip. Not sure if freezing is the way to go for that.

Maybe some of the rub experts here will have some better advice.

That's pretty much what I did, the rubs were in the original plastic jars and stored in a kitchen shelf. Maybe the rubs need to be transferred to a glass jar with a tighter sealing lid....

Thanks
David

I usually mix my own , but the cost is pretty high to do so. I just recently ordered a bottle each of the plowboys yardbird and the bovine. I tend to like spicy rubs , to find something premixed and easily available would be great.

I got care packages from some of the brethren recently. In one of them, there were little sample sizes of all things Simply Marvelous. I'd go to their website, and pick out a bunch to try. Great way to taste test without a huge commitment. I am STUCK on their Cherry.

I keep all my rubs stored in mason jars and keep them in the pantry. I have small shaker bottles that I transfer some of the rubs to, as needed. I just keep the bottles marked so I don't acciedently mix rubs together.

I ordered the Simply Marvelous sampler pack a while ago and absolutely love it. My favs are SM Pecan and Spicy Apple... and the Sweet & Spicy... and the Peppered Cow... heck they are all good. What I like most about them is that they are low in salt and not too sweet (for my taste at least).

I visited the Kansas City BBQ Supply Store in KC recently and tasted a bunch of different rubs (many of which have been mentioned above) but found most of them to be too salty. I bought some Smokin' Guns Hot that I think I will like as well as some Oak Ridge rubs. I tried the SM Sweet Seduction and Habanero Death Dust on some wings the other day and they were fantastic. If you like spicy, then the HDD is a real winner.

If there are any other low salt rubs that folks like, I would love to hear about them.

Calking- I see you are in the Houston area. If you are in the area of Pitts By JJ I have sample bottles set up for customers to taste before buying. All low sodium products. Enjoy

I love Outlaw Rub from Brethren Steve at BBQ Equipment Store(5-0 BBQ). The outlaw rub is my goto all around rub. Recently tried the sample rubs from Dixie Meat Rub very good as well. The Beef rub on brisket was on the money.

i love the simply marverlous rubs. the cherry, spicy apple, sweet seduction, pecan, peppered cow and season all are my favorites. low on salt and the flavors are great. my son puts the pecan rub on his eggs and potatoes. i thought i saw him put some on his corn flakes.

Back