THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radrob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
I started with all the usual suspects, diced onion, celery, carrot and had to throw my Cajun influence in it with the Tasso I made last weekend. I used 3 of the small cans of diced clams and saved the juice for broth. What's not in this pic is the 51-70 peeled shrimp and seasoning.
100-5605.jpg

Olive oil in the pot and dumped it all in to get soft, the tasso is already cooked so it's all flavor at this point.
100-5607.jpg

Cook it till soft then dump in potatoes.
100-5608.jpg

After a few minutes of cooking add 3 TBS of flour to make a roux/thickener.
100-5610.jpg

Cook to combine then add the clam juice.
100-5614.jpg

simmer for 10 minutes, add the shrimp then the heavy cream.
100-5619.jpg

Simmer for 10 minutes then add the clams.
100-5625.jpg

After 5 minutes add 1/2 tsp of Old Bay seasoning.
100-5627.jpg

Simmer for 5 more minutes, taste and adjust, I had to add a tsp of Tony's.
100-5628.jpg

Let that pot sit for 10 minutes to meld and thicken, THEN make a plate topped with green onions, Aleppo pepper flakes from the garden and fresh french bread, I just used the top and bottom to get that crispy crunch to dip in this masterpiece.
100-5630.jpg

It makes an awesome dip too!! I could fill up a bread bowl and be fat and happy ready for a nap!:grin:
100-5631.jpg

Wanna bite?
100-5632.jpg

Happy eating everyone!:grin:

I just had leftovers for lunch and it was a case of your eyes bigger than your stomach.

I had leftover steak and potato from last night and some of that chowder over the top of the potato. WOW!! I think I found a new way to make a stuffed baked potato.
100-5633-1.jpg

100-5635-1.jpg

Back