Meat Church Chili Mix

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Remember me buying this several weeks ago? Wind-chill is 15° so today is the day.
1# 90/10 hamburger
One third pound smoked brisket
4 teaspoons Meat Church Chili Seasoning
8 oz chopped tomato
8 oz Beef Stock
Two shots of Tequila, one for pot one for the cook (thanks cowgirl)
It is currently beanless, but the Bride has been known to add a can of blacks. I honestly don't mind. Her call

Frito Pie after a couple hours of light simmer

Last edited:
I've been binge watching Matt's videos in the garage the last few days.
I'm gonna have to pick up a few of his products.
Pretty sure they're available locally.

Edit: I'm an idiot.
Thanks to Texmex01, I have a bottle each of Holy Voodoo and Deez Nutz from Meat Church.
Both are excellent, and nearly empty!

Last edited:
I like the chili mix but prefer the Oakridge version when I make his Carne Guisada recipe; it's pretty good.

No beans, no added veggies. Mom had two bowls, wife had two bowls I had two bowls. I added Goya Hot Sauce, shredded cheddar and a mix of Fritos and Pork Skins. Girls Fritos only. Mom (90) thought was perfect, Bride thought it needed one more teaspoon of Chili , then ate two bowls and bragged. Seasoning? I was fine with mine though prefer just a tad+ more heat. Ketchup and hot sauce works

Bottom line, it's good, mild but it can be kicked up in scovilles easy enough. I would probably never compare to all the other chili seasonings but agree with wife, increase seasoning a bit-A tad. A scoche, etc

Last edited:
I like their holy how in the blue bottle the most. Goes well on almost anything and wife and kids don't think it's too spicy just right on the edge (they don't eat a lot of regular ground black pepper either, so their spice tolerance is very low), and nothing too wild for them.

I recently cooked several pork bellies, chicken, pork shoulder, pork lion and steaks using all kinds of mixes, and enjoyed most, but below are my thoughts:

Dee Nuts- sweet, which would be good on bfast bacon, but pork belly on a sammy with mayo, mustard, pickles, and onions was a little too sweet for me, felt out of place.

holy Cow blue bottle- good on everything and almost too spicy for wife and kids, very very mild to me.

Voodoo- wasn't too thrilled about, too salty for me.

Honey hog- little sweet for me. I like savory and heat on my smoked meats.

holy Gospel- lighter holy cow to me, rather have holy cow.

Fajita- very salty to me, rather use Bajia citrus or tropical seasoning for tacos and such.

Hot hog- again wasn't blown away, rather have holy cow.

i was thinkin about ordering a bag of that to try. on a 10 scale where would you put it?

Have you tried any other chili mixes to compare this one too? So far I'm a pretty big fan of Sucklebusters 2 dump competition kit, but I typically will just season my own chili and not use a kit.

I followed Meat Church's video to make Texas Chili yesterday. It's great with shredded colby jack cheese topped off with some sour cream.

Attachments

• Texas Chili.jpg
    Texas Chili.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 102
Ace Hardware stores typically have Meat Church products, although I haven’t been able to find the chili mix at the one near me.

I just checked the store near me (online check). They don't stock it but you can order it online with free "Ship to store" near you for pickup. Ordering me some now. So that might be a good option if you don't have a local source. Ace Hardware is pretty much everywhere....

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...and-beverage/barbecue-sauces-and-rubs/8067128

Back