Chinese Dumpling Tacos

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
Saw this recently so we had to give it a try. Make up your favorite filling for the Chinese dumplings and get the dumpling wrappers and start cooking. Smash the filling onto the wrappers and get onto your griddle.

Dumpling-Tacos-2.jpg

Cook until the meat is well caramelized then flip. Please note that the filling is very loose on the meat so it may slip off but wasn't a huge problem.

Dumpling-Tacos-3.jpg

The original video said to add a little water to steam them but we found this was not necessary as the fat from the pork helps to cook the other side. Doesn't take long either.

Dumpling-Tacos-4.jpg

Top with chili crisp or your favorite hot chili oil and fold like a taco and eat.

Dumpling-Tacos-1.jpg

No need to fart around filling, pinching closed and frying. Faster and just as good.

I don't see pics or a link to video if one is posted, but I like to make buffalo chicken as well as crab wontons and such, so this may be an easier option for the wife who hates to make them, even though she is Asian and her mom makes them all the time...

Having recently spent a few hours filling, closing and pinching, I like this very much. Of course we probably couldn't plop these in the freezer like the others.

Making a lot of dumplings here too. :laugh:
Looks delicious, Dean! I will definitely give this a try. Thanks!!

Back