Best part of Vac Sealing

BackYardRob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
Working around the house today and suddenly realized I needed to stop and eat. I had the usual stuff in the fridge but wanted something different, so I hit the freezer. Ten minutes later I'm enjoying a delicious meatloaf sandwich! I used to cook in bulk for guests at my parties and stuff. I still cook in bulk, but now I end up with a freezer full of great stuff that I spent hours or even days creating, giving me those great meals again in minutes!
Today, a SHORT visit to the microwave. Then into a pan to heat:
Cook.jpg
Onto a roll for a filling meal:
Eat.jpg
Just a quick share. Enjoy your day!!

Vac pac has been great for the wife and me with an empty nest. Just split a bushel of fresh purple hull peas with BIL.

About 2 cups per bag. Just right for us for about 2 days.

6FrxSsm.jpg

Yum yeah I vacuum pack a LOT of stuff LOL. With prices they way they are and the fact there's only two of us a lot of smoked or grilled meats get frozen here

What sealer do ya'll use? I have an older Cabela's sealer that just doesn't vacuum very well anymore, and I have to constantly manhandle press the thing down. Been thinking of the largest size MEAT chamber vacuum sealer if they go on sale for Black Friday. Thinking of the largest one so I can still put up 4-5 bone prime rib cuts when Christmas sales go on and I hit every store around that has the whole loin on sale for $5.99-6.99 per pound and buy all I can up to the limit. Been eating these year-round instead of $12.99 at Sams. Also would like to seal whole 5-9pd smoked chickens.

My ex-MIL saw a deal on bread she couldn't pass up.

Put the second loaf in a vacu-suck and it shrunk down to about an inch thick.

It did not refresh once the bag was opened.

She never lived that one down....

I could not live without mine. We buy premade bacon cheddar and mushroom gouda burgers at Fresh Market on sale. The problem is they are half a pound, more than we want to eat, so we break them down into 1/3 pound and re-press them in my burger press (Cuisinart, by the way - cheap and very functional - can make 'em bigger and even has a sleeve for sliders), then vac seal nd freeze. We also but chicken and pork chops when they are on deep sales, split them into meal sized portions and freeze them.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CS...&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583795273704306&th=1

81KTWhff9LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have an Avid Armor Chamber Vac that I love. My favorite part is right when it seals the bag inflates, then suddenly deflates and BAM you're done. It makes me smirk every time, I love it. The bags and the seal are soooo much better than my foodsaver every did, even when it was brand new.

We always try to keep a few things in the freezer that will reheat quickly for a last minute meal. I'm sure it's saved us enough money on takeout that the vac sealer has paid for itself.

I had Food Savers in the past. Actually, I now have a Four Uncles unit I got from Amazon for about $45. Perfect for me as I don't use it daily. Does all I need for fresh, cooked, etc. I can seal cooked stuff, break down bulk stuff for future use in portions, and so much more. I've had it for over 3 years now and still going strong. Just thawed raw beef I got in bulk 6 months ago, made a great batch of meatballs on the fly. Keep on cookin'!!

Yep. I have a lower end Food Saver, and I buy the individual bags. Big enough for anything I need and easier than rolls. Every now and then I'll have a seal go bad, but not often.

I buy the 8" and 12" rolls. An extra step but I make bags custom to what I'm sealing. Great since I freeze small batches of chili for hot dogs up to a full batch of meatballs.

Back