THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I cook chili a lot of different ways. Conquistadors don't roam the Canadian anymore so I'm left to my own devices. Doing some light research and I come across this knockoff recipe. Can of onion soup,cola-nope, LS - nope, Whatsinhere sauce, nope.

Interesting, may make a small batch

Link to knockoff Chili Recipe, something going on....

https://www.thefoodhussy.com/copycat-steak-n-shake-chili/

I'd be willing to bet that recipe does not taste like Steak N Shake chili. We have SnS around here (founded in Illinois) and I've had it many times. Chili 5-way is my favorite....it is not sweet at all nor is there any hint of wooster in there.

Chili 5-way:
Noodles
Chili
Beans
Cheese
Onions

I'd be willing to bet that recipe does not taste like Steak N Shake chili. We have SnS around here (founded in Illinois) and I've had it many times. Chili 5-way is my favorite....it is not sweet at all nor is there any hint of wooster in there.

Chili 5-way:
Noodles
Chili
Beans
Cheese
Onions

Several things going on here that I don't recognize. But, like I said no conquistador meat, so it's fake chili from the start

Spanish Explorers, Conquistadors introduced beef cattle in the Americas around 1530's. Read a book one time on chili history and it stated the first bowl of chili was a gruel made of an unfortunate conquistador and wild Chiles. Simmered until soft and smashed into a gruel. As said before, kind of mutes the whole beans versus no beans discussion.

Back