BACON - 4 different recipes....ALL DELICIOUS!

Nice job taking on 4 at once, I know that's a lot of work. I usually take mine up to 145° IT after cold smoking but if it's going right in the freezer no need I suppose. You'd probably be able to get a crispier end product if you did that. Makes it easier to slice once they've cooked a bit and then been cooled down.

Keep up the good work! Curing gets addictive!

YES! I really like the savory flavors you had in your mix. All the garlic, onion really stood out.

One thing I didn't mention is that yours was the only one of the 4 recipes that used Tenderquick rather than pink salt. Have you tried the pink salt/Instacure? Any particular reason you've settled on Tenderquick?

I use Tenderquick because it's readily available at the little grocery store here.
I prefer TQ for dry curing and pink salt for brine curing.
Also prefer cold smoking...I don't monitor the internal temp of the meat, I monitor the smoke. You have more options on how you want to "cook" the bacon later.

There are several bacon recipes on my blog, most are savory I think. I raise pork and get tired of the same ole, same ole. lol :grin:

Looks really tasty Wampus! Great thing you are teaching your helper how to do too. Reminds me of how I was taught. :cool::grin:

I'm interested in trying 2 of those recipes. I'm not sure if people want their recipes shared on here, but if they don't mind, can you please share the links to the recipes? Thanks

I'm interested in trying 2 of those recipes. I'm not sure if people want their recipes shared on here, but if they don't mind, can you please share the links to the recipes? Thanks

The links are in my original post, hyperlinked in the text.

Back