Chili- Some things going on here that .....

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I cook chili a lot of different ways. Conquistadors don't roam the Canadian anymore so I'm left to my own devices. Doing some light research and I come across this knockoff recipe. Can of onion soup,cola-nope, LS - nope, Whatsinhere sauce, nope.

Interesting, may make a small batch

Link to knockoff Chili Recipe, something going on....

https://www.thefoodhussy.com/copycat-steak-n-shake-chili/

I'd be willing to bet that recipe does not taste like Steak N Shake chili. We have SnS around here (founded in Illinois) and I've had it many times. Chili 5-way is my favorite....it is not sweet at all nor is there any hint of wooster in there.

Chili 5-way:
Noodles
Chili
Beans
Cheese
Onions

I'd be willing to bet that recipe does not taste like Steak N Shake chili. We have SnS around here (founded in Illinois) and I've had it many times. Chili 5-way is my favorite....it is not sweet at all nor is there any hint of wooster in there.

Chili 5-way:
Noodles
Chili
Beans
Cheese
Onions

Several things going on here that I don't recognize. But, like I said no conquistador meat, so it's fake chili from the start

Spanish Explorers, Conquistadors introduced beef cattle in the Americas around 1530's. Read a book one time on chili history and it stated the first bowl of chili was a gruel made of an unfortunate conquistador and wild Chiles. Simmered until soft and smashed into a gruel. As said before, kind of mutes the whole beans versus no beans discussion.

Back