Chicken, turkey, ribs, porkloin, and sausage off set cook!

:thumb: for left over turkey sandwiches! Made a simple sandwich with turkey and mayo for breakfast! Also ate a few slices of the porkloin. Was pretty good stuff!

Finally got to try the stuff I didn't last night. Everything was great!!

What does a fella have to do to get an invite next time you roll out that feast??? Looks awesome.

Wonder what out of the whole lot of food you wouldn't hit more than once? LOL. My guess would be the sausages. I don't like left over sausages very much

Well after I ate all the sausage you would run me off before I could hit anything else. :biggrin1:

Nice looking Tray of food.
I know you said temps if fine with you. I noticed in your pic, I think that your water pan over the baffle is acting like a tuning plate, pushing all the hot air to the far side of the cooker.

Nice looking Tray of food.
I know you said temps if fine with you. I noticed in your pic, I think that your water pan over the baffle is acting like a tuning plate, pushing all the hot air to the far side of the cooker.

I'm looking at other options on placing drip pans. I need the pans because I haven't added a drain hole to the cooker yet. Need the same length pans but skinnier to fit them on the bottom rack. It's a learning process, Maybe that's why the temps were drastically different.

I'm still tweaking things, and figuring out the best way to run the cooker. But I agree with the pan above the baffle. I needed another pan beside of it but the two pans I had wouldn't fit side by side.

Last edited:
Btw CoS, I think the next step Since there isn't a lot drippings (it pretty much burns up) I'm going to get cookie sheets, and cover them in foil to place on the bottom rack next time I cook. I have two cookie sheets that are small enough to maintain air flow but big enough to catch drippings for anything I have above them.

See if that works for tuning plates. Already talked with the builder, If I decide I want to add tuning plates its easy to do. For now I don't mind playing with drip pans and seeing if I can make it work better as is. If there is no hope on getting temps more even I'll just say screw it or make tuning plates LOL

Btw CoS, I think the next step Since there isn't a lot drippings (it pretty much burns up) I'm going to get cookie sheets, and cover them in foil to place on the bottom rack next time I cook. I have two cookie sheets that are small enough to maintain air flow but big enough to catch drippings for anything I have above them.

See if that works for tuning plates. Already talked with the builder, If I decide I want to add tuning plates its easy to do. For now I don't mind playing with drip pans and seeing if I can make it work better as is. If there is no hope on getting temps more even I'll just say screw it or make tuning plates LOL

:-D. Yeah I wasn't saying get rid of the pans, just maybe move the one above the baffle in a couple of inches to allow some air move up On the firebox side.

:-D. Yeah I wasn't saying get rid of the pans, just maybe move the one above the baffle in a couple of inches to allow some air move up On the firebox side.

Well truthfully the giant pans are a pain unless I'm running water. I don't see the need to have water in the pans. So that's why I'm thinking just using cookie sheets will help. I'll keep ya updated.

• Thanks
Reactions: COS
Back