Chicken, sausage and shrimp etouffee

Fantastic but I do have one question: How is there only one Bud Light? That etouffee looks like a 6 pack minimum. :clap:

Looks delicious,looks like great winter food.
mind you I had to google the dish.
Is this similar to a Gumbo? cause I have made that ,recipe from Slap Ya mama

Looks great, try a little cajun seasoning next time. Kick it up a notch! :)

Yea i will have to! The chicken had a good rub of tony c's and i thought it would impact more on the flavor but didn't. Next time will adding a cajun seasoning of some sort.

Looks delicious,looks like great winter food.
mind you I had to google the dish.
Is this similar to a Gumbo? cause I have made that ,recipe from Slap Ya mama

IMO, gumbo is more like a soup and etouffee is more like a gravy. It's early, so this is the best comparison I could come up with. The main difference is the volume of liquid that you add into the roux of each.

Brother, this looks awesome.

I've never made it, but I sure enjoy eating it! I'd be proud to devour a bowl of that.

Enjoyed watching the process... and drooling over the results.

Deepsouth is pretty much correct on the differences. Paul Prudhomme had this to say about each in his first cookbook:

Etouffee: "Etouffee" literally means smothered; in Louisiana cooking it signifies covered with a liquid. In my family it refers to a dish with a cooked roux in the Etouffee sauce.

Gumbo: Gumbo is a Cajun soup almost always containing a cooked roux and sometimes thickened with okra or gumbo file'; it usually contains a variety of vegetables and meats or seafood and is served over rice.

Jambalaya: Jambalaya, pronounced drum-buh-lie-ya, is a rice dish highly seasoned and strongly flavored with any combination of beef, pork, fowl, smoked sausage, ham, Tasso or seafood, and often containing tomatoes.

So Etouffee is like rice and gravy, gumbo a Cajun soup, and jambalaya very similar to paella.

Matt, your Etouffee looks wonderful!

yum_emma_stone.gif

Matt, that looks excellent! Wish I had a bowl right now. :grin:
I'm over due for another batch...the stuff is addicting.

Tony C's was always my go to, but then tried Southern Flavor Cajun. Now it's a toss up.

Your etoufee looks outstanding and I would love to have a bowl of that right about now.

Back