THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
not much cheaper than leg quarters. I've got a ton of them in the deep freezer so decided to make up some instead of my usual Friday night steak.

different seasoning on each. Naturrific chicken salt, simply marvelous pecan, oakridge chicken and game bird and the crucible

kpQ8R18l.jpg

45 minutes on the pit boss at 350 on the top rack.

NjgrCNel.jpg

they were all good. chicken salt would be great combined with another rub. the oakridge game bird had the most going on, those 2 mixed would be the sweet spot. pecan is a solid rub....crucible will melt your face off

they all had bite through skin

ahIBbBPl.jpg

My favorite part of the chicken. Done right (like that appears to be), I would not miss not having steak at all! Looks nice.

My favorite part of the chicken. Done right (like that appears to be), I would not miss not having steak at all! Looks nice.

I used to eat a lot of thighs myself. becky doesn't and I'm not sure the baby likes meat other than bacon so I never get dark meat anymore. just lots of sad breast. I've got 40lbs of quarters in the freezer and with meat prices being so high I'm trying to make a dent

fun with filters...too much fun maybe

5H9dACzl.jpg

Last edited:
Man, those look great. I've not tried combining many rubs before (save Oakridge Santa Maria & Carne Crosta on a steak).... but I like your ideas above.

I'm a big fan of HDD, but can only imagine just how ridiculous Crucible is.

Crucible is quite hot, but it does have good flavor as well. Anybody that likes white meat chicken more than dark meat chicken is :crazy: in my book :becky: chicken quarters are my fav. Out of all the seasonings I have, my favorite still is just a dry brine of kosher salt and finely ground black pepper.

Last edited:
Steve, looks like you hit it on all those pieces. Which rub did you like the best?
I love the leg quarters but then again, being a "Southern Boy" I love me some yard bird.
Great Cook Brother!!

Steve, looks like you hit it on all those pieces. Which rub did you like the best?
I love the leg quarters but then again, being a "Southern Boy" I love me some yard bird.
Great Cook Brother!!

I really like the oakridge chicken and game bird rub. has a touch of spice and some nice layers. the chicken salt is good but obviously different. next cook I am going to try a light base coat of the chicken salt and then top coat it with oakridge.. I think they will play nicely.

Back