Chicken Fried Chicken Wings!

Good looking wings.
If I can offer one small token - please cook wings nibs-on instead of removing them. Not only do nibs make a convenient handle - better still, wing nibs are your best test for done.

When the nib tears off due to turn or twist, then the wings are done. For the most part, 40 minutes is perfect for grocery store wings. But local mom/pop butcher shop wings (here anyway) take longer - but that's why you cook nib-on! Because time/temp is not a reliable measure of done - but nib tear is!

Good looking wings.
If I can offer one small token - please cook wings nibs-on instead of removing them. Not only do nibs make a convenient handle - better still, wing nibs are your best test for done.

When the nib tears off due to turn or twist, then the wings are done. For the most part, 40 minutes is perfect for grocery store wings. But local mom/pop butcher shop wings (here anyway) take longer - but that's why you cook nib-on! Because time/temp is not a reliable measure of done - but nib tear is!

What’s a nib? Is that aka the wing tip?

Brined and smoked is the only way I do wings these days. A variety of sauces go a long way, but many like them without sauce, ie naked. Seeing people order and eat them naked was what prompted me to create an "on the beach" style brine :-D Also suggest using party wings sized at 5-6 / lb.

Back