Chicago deep dish

The pizza looks absolutely outstanding! I have never seen a pizza built with the toppings going on the crust first then sauce on top, that was interesting.

Man oh man, that looks so good. Lived in Chicago for several years, and deep dish is definitely something I miss alot. And Portillo's!

Cold deep dish pizza in the morning is the breakfast of champions :grin:

As a native of the Chicagoland area and consumer of numerous pies I can tell you that this looks spot on! I have the same skillet and plan to make this over the weekend.

Real nice job!

I have to say that even with the corrupt politicians, ridiculous taxes, and killing in the streets. One of the things that has kept me living in the city is the pizza! Couldn't imagine not having the option of ordering it 3 in the morning and having it delivered. If your visiting the Windy City skip the touristy pizzas and hit up some of the neighborhood joints......Pequod's is always must forfreinds who come into town....

If you can't make it to Chicago the show American Test Kitchen did an excellent show on making a deep dish style pizza.

I use the Frugal Gourmet recipe, it use's some corn meal. Overall it's similar to what I've eaten on Wabash and Ohio.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hey everyone thanks for all the comments this deep dish was real tasty and no I didn't use cornmeal.

Oh BTW I love me some Portillo's:)

JROW

You inspired me.
CIpizza_zps349cb60e.jpg

Ok I have been on my third test for the dough. Bread flour was to dense ap flour was to cakeie. I was thinking of mixing but maybe its my pan. Should I use a cast iron?

Looks great.
Is there a layer of cheese with the sausage and pepperoni?
jon
Cheese on the bottom, sauce and toppings over the cheese. That way the cheese prevents the sauce from making the crust soggy.

Back