I’m never going to Chicago, buuuut…

Always my favorite.
https://www.ginoseast.com/
And as far as a real hot dog.
https://www.geneandjudes.com/
Gino's with the famous sausage disc and you could also write on the restaurant walls. Not sure how many are still open, most of the ones in the burbs have closed down. Also Pizzaria Uno, where Lou Malnati originally worked before he started his own restaurant.

And a bit of useless trivia, Gene & Jude's does not have any ketchup on the premises.

And as far as a real hot dog.
https://www.geneandjudes.com/

Also in Streamwood IL, is Nana's. Originally opened in the early 70's I believe. Nana was Gene's daughter. Not owned by the family anymore and not as good a Gene & Jude's, but it's still pretty good if you don't want to drive all the way to River Grove.

Although they do have ketchup. :mad:

Although they do have ketchup. :mad:

Blasphemy. I'm east coast, and Nathan's Coney is king, but universally, never is ketchup acceptable on a hotdog. That said, I can appreciate a Chicago dog even if they put green food coloring pickles on them.

Hahaha... I remember years ago my brother, Bubba, moved down to Little Rock. Probably mid to late 80's. They ordered a sausage pizza one time and they got breakfast sausage! :pound: It took quite a while before the pizza joints down there discovered Itialian sausage.

Thankfully not all Southern pizza joints have discovered Italian Sausage.:puke::hand:

That pizza looks good.

I do love me some Chicago dogs. But I would much rather eat some square cut, Chicago tavern pizza vs the deep dish!!

Looks good. I do prefer thin crust pizza

Some of you maybe have never had this pizza, it is not deep dish or thick crust.

It is not thin crust but it is not thick or deep dish at all.

This goes out to Bill, if one were to go to Chicago what would be the pizza to get? There is an upcoming nascar race so who knows, maybe I will go.

Friend of mine sent me one via Gold Belly, definitely one of the worst pizzas I've ever had, grossly overrated in my opinion.

This goes out to Bill, if one were to go to Chicago what would be the pizza to get? There is an upcoming nascar race so who knows, maybe I will go.

Yea cranky, let’s hear it!

Friend of mine sent me one via Gold Belly, definitely one of the worst pizzas I've ever had, grossly overrated in my opinion.

Thanks for your input and being grateful for your gift!

Yea cranky, let’s hear it!

Thanks for your input and being grateful for your gift!

It has nothing to do with being grateful for the gift, I'm making a comment on the quality of the product. Just FYI, the "gifter" did not like it either, so there is that.

At the risk of having Bill wax poetically over how he misses my trips to Chicago, a friend and I would always go to Lou's when we went there for a Bears games. I've also had the pizza Lou's ships when I was at home. Of the two, the shipped one isn't as good, but I think it has a lot to do with the difference between how it's cooked at Lou's and how I cooked it in my oven.

Back