Charcuterie Thread

That looks awesome Joe.

I got some new toys in yesterday! My inkbird IHC200 came in and my dehumidifier.

The below picture is the humidifier and dehumidifier in the fridge with a standard roll of aluminum foil for size.

b2e26fbd42bdbf92dec4ad5fb43acbad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight was week three in the cure for my coppa. I took it out, rinsed it and the put it in a beef bung. Then tied it up and sprayed it with good mold. Now it's hanging in the drying chamber at 55*f and 75-80%RH until it loses 30% of its weight.

f6b37f0dd3ae86ff342b667f90632a8a.jpg
d0e33f2c3af05c0291933b5df5b9df43.jpg
173ff20a328a29504c670c4a647a7234.jpg
bede8b304213fcf6e757847a0b624a06.jpg
01f66180fbf7afc562f91775fa86928e.jpg

Works like a charm! I did try it with DI water and it didn't want to work at all with it, so I switched back to tap.

Thanks again! :clap2:

Hm, I run ultrasonics on RO water here all the time and they run fine. What may have happened is that you may have filled it too full...it won't work then. If you take a bit out, it'll start working. It's because the emitter can't work through several inches of water. It'll work through quite a bit, but there's a point where it can't deliver enough energy to nebulize the water.

Hm, I run ultrasonics on RO water here all the time and they run fine. What may have happened is that you may have filled it too full...it won't work then. If you take a bit out, it'll start working. It's because the emitter can't work through several inches of water. It'll work through quite a bit, but there's a point where it can't deliver enough energy to nebulize the water.

I tried with amounts from barely any to completely full, nothing haha. Switched to tap and b worked instantly.

Wondering if it has to do with removing the ions in DI vs not in RO??

Either way it's currently working!

Yup, Lonzino. I didn't remove any fat, it just came that way from the store. There's a bit more further down the loin.

This is the other one

Z0ngJvll.jpg

What's on sale is what drives my chamber. The pork loin above was on sale for $0.99/lb and turned out delicious. I make sausage the same way...pork shoulder's on sale? Time for sausage!

I need to get some stuff into my chamber as well. Do any of you use meat from the supermarket or only from a butcher?

I mostly use grocery store meat. I have not started down the dangerous path of heritage breeds yet.. In fact, I've stopped making salami for a little while as I seem to love making it more than I actually eat it.. Our fridge is really loaded up.

I mostly use grocery store meat. I have not started down the dangerous path of heritage breeds yet.. In fact, I've stopped making salami for a little while as I seem to love making it more than I actually eat it.. Our fridge is really loaded up.

Good to know. I've strictly went to butcher shops since a lot of what I read they always said stay away from the supermarkets. I'll take your word for it. What about things like pork which most of the time has a that water solution in it(like most pork butts)?

I use mostly heritage, but it is only because I mostly only buy heritage. Picking up a 300 lb Berkshire on Saturday to break down for various projects.

Anyhow, that being said, I have used plenty of meat from Sam's, RD, etc with no problems. Just make sure to avoid "enhanced" meat and you should be good.

Back