THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radrob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Rob
I made a smoked version of Char Siu yesterday afternoon, it was finally done about 11. At that point I was buzzed and hungry so I made a dish I saw Ming make.

Marinated the money muscle side of a small butt in soy, sweet soy, hoisin, mushroom soy, hot sesame seed oil, oyster sauce, garlic powder and vac sealed for 3 hours.
100-3977.jpg

100-3978.jpg

On the Copperhead smoker for 4 hours using cherry and mesquite pellets till IT was 197.
100-3985.jpg

100-3995.jpg

Yesterday on Simply Ming he made some sorta egg noodle pie dish and I had to try it.

Scallions, diced toms and grilled onions in the pan to soften.
100-3997.jpg

Noodles cooked and cooled with 5 eggs scrambled, cilantro and more fresh scallions.
100-3998.jpg

Mix it all and into a skillet
100-3999.jpg

Fry and flip
100-4002.jpg

100-4003.jpg

Served with the Char Siu and the basting sauce of sweet soy, oyster sauce, hot sesame seed oil and hoisin.
100-4005.jpg

Had leftovers for breakfast this morning!!
100-4006.jpg

I slacked and forgot to add cheese but it was still good.

Good job. Looks really good. Do have a recipe for Chinese bbq spare ribs? I tried a lot of stuff in jars. Didn't come close to what I was looking for.
Thanks DanB

Char Siu...one of my favs! When I was a kid, Mom would get roast duck, roast pork and char siu. I was in heaven. You're inspiring me! Nice work.

Back