THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark In The Pit

Knows what a fatty is.
[ame]https://youtu.be/QnasQHdyKvA[/ame]

Ingredients:

Salmon
Salt
Pepper
Chipoltle Powder
Brown Sugar

Method:

Rub all spices on salmon then place on cedar plank. Bake at 400°F for 50 - 20 minutes or until cooked ( I like my salmon about medium ).

Looks pretty good! Does the cedar plank impart any flavor? I usually just cook my salmon on a disposable tight mesh grate.

Looks pretty good! Does the cedar plank impart any flavor? I usually just cook my salmon on a disposable tight mesh grate.

So, you get a flavor from the plank itself, not from burning or smoking it (that is why I assume you see people baking them as well as grilling them) and you either love it or hate it, there isn't a middle ground that I've ever seen. For smoking, cedar is a BAD choice as it is a softer wood. I burn strait oak in my smoker. Occasionally I'll add in a few chunks of apple or pecan if the mood strikes.

Back