Catered Wedding with pics

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I had an opportunity to cater a wedding for a nice couple on Saturday. They were budget minded and I won the contract befcause people were trying to hijack their pocket book due to them saying the magic word "wedding." Anywho I needed a wedding like this for my portfolio, experience, etc. I have a couple of more portfolio wedding builders this summmer and then I will be raising my prices to reflect the attention to details that we deliver.

The Menu for 67 ppl

Appetizer
Chilled Shrimp with cocktail sauce

Main Course
Pig roast
Smoked Salmon
Roasted red potaoes with rosemary and olive oil
Baked beans
Mixed Grens with cranberries, feta cheese, and candied pecans

Dessert
Wedding Cake

I cooked the pig (43lb) On the La Caja China and I used a smoke pistol to give a little smoke via apple turds. Sorry no pics of the process, it was just too busy!

Enjoy my pics! Not the best quality due to the fact we had no time to focus on photography.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/bigbrothersmoke/Wedding/?start=40

WTG BBS! Looks like you pulled it off and everyone was having a good time! But I gotta ask ... did you do that cake too?

Awesome pic Brother. That pig looks great the la caja china must be a great cooker to have in your arsenal.

Damn! Good looking grub! Can't wait to give that bad boy a workout at the bash!

BBS, looks like y'all did a great job. i really like how that pig looks.

Smoke pistol?
Apple turds?

<scratches head>

Well, at any rate - congrats!

Got me wondering about a smoke pistol too,Arlin. Thanks for the explanation, ApronGuy. I was figuring apple turds to be apples stuffed with sausage stuffed inside the pig.

frognot said:
Got me wondering about a smoke pistol too,Arlin. Thanks for the explanation, ApronGuy. I was figuring apple turds to be apples stuffed with sausage stuffed inside the pig.

No prob. And it makes one think. BBQ ... Guns .... Beer is the logical step. Seems to be the holy trinity of Que.

The shrimp look tasty. I think I know what I'm getting at the store on the way home from work.

Thanks guys for the compliments. This was definetly a labor of love!
Arlin, Apron Guy hit the nail on the head with the smoke pistol and apple turds (pellets).

Also, featrued JPWs Mustard sauce and Spicewines' Sweet Heat with the pig. Great reviews were given to your sauces!

Biff, I design the cake:shock:? NO! Not that creative.
It was contracted out to a wedding cake designer.

Thanks for the plug man and again....looks like a job very well done!:biggrin:

Good Looking Grub BBS.........the other half said awesome looking shrimp......she should know, she grew up with them all the time in coastal area of Georgia

Great looking spread!! Nice attention to detail too!:-D

Looks like everyone was having a good time, that's what it's all about!:-D

Looks like the shot from the last scene in the first Pirates of the Caribean movie. Seriously.

Great job Big Bro

Back