THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BobBrisket

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bob
Really liking the new Brethren Abode!! Easy to post pics. Nuff sed. So, Lil Bobby B is now almost 19 and attending UTEP and majoring in Nursing with sights on being and Anesthesiologist after that. Brisket Briseis is 16 and a Volleyball Beast. I'm her social media manager. I'm now also coaching JV Volleyball at same school where both my kids have attended and still do and where I work. Her Club Team earned a bid to Nationals in Vegas in July. It's.............well, a dream for any girl that plays club volleyball to be able to experience that event at least once. Lil Bobby B earned himself a Bronze UIL Texas Soccer medal a couple years back. Basically, I have been being a soccer and volleyball dad for a really long while! My time goes there. I would not TRADE for all the gold in the world! I still grill and smoke, etc. This new platform will make it a lot easier to share. No temp gauge or remote therms. Just going by feel and have plenty of time to get it done.
Volleyball BBQ Fuel! My YouTube music list for tonight. My favorite pocket knife. My Good Boy who hangs out with me by the grill and gets all the samples! LMAO!. A butt, a chuck roast, some bone in breasts (these are the absolute best.) Some butternut squash and cob roasting on the firebox. Yada, Yada, Yada...... Lainey Wilson has a heart like a truck..............I happen to think she has a great tailgate too!!! But that's just me.

Bob

Attachments

WHAT!?!?
Little Bob is 19?
That's crazy!
Then again, mine are 26 and 24. Fine young men all.
Great pics Bob! I'll figure out how to do it and start putting some of mine up.
Great to hear from you!

Yup. Just like that they grow up. I wish they could stay little forever, but no dice. Super easy. Start a post and attach files you got saved on the "puter!! Glad to hear from you, Clark!! Your boys come from great stock! You are solid, Brother! Hard to get a pic of Bobby B these days. School, work, and Gym Rat everyday! LOL! He alone is eating us out of house and home! HA!

Bob

Last edited:
Yup. Just like that they grow up. I wish they could stay little forever, but no dice. Super easy. Start a post and attach files you got saved on the "puter!! Glad to hear from you, Clark!! Your boys come from great stock! You are solid, Brother! Hard to get a pic of Bobby B these days. School, work, and Gym Rat everyday! LOL! He alone is eating us out of house and home! HA!

Bob
I have yet to get a satisfactory pictur post, when I try it says my pic is too large. Can Phil increase size limit, or is there a way to decrease pic size without going through a re-sizer program?
Ed

I have yet to get a satisfactory pictur post, when I try it says my pic is too large. Can Phil increase size limit, or is there a way to decrease pic size without going through a re-sizer program?
Ed
I'm not sure how it all works out but is posting of photos limited if there is not a paid subscription indicated by a Beer, Star or Tequila Bottle? I know there are data limits at each level of paid subscription,

That is a fun time of life, was there recently, enjoy.

Mrs. G-man, MD has been an anesthesiologist for over 25 years. Lately she has begun to think kids are better off as CRNAs. The training is shorter, the money is good and the work/life balance is much better. Very few people understand the sacrifice doctors personally make during their training and work and the money is not worth it. Basically, there is no shame in being a CRNA and OK to change his mind. We know one guy that quit after his 3rd year of med school to become a PA. But if he really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wants to be a doctor, go for it. We need them and good ones too!

Ed
Dunno. I kinda took the scenic route with the pics. I sent em to my email and created the post using my laptop. I don't like using the phone for posting. Pics loaded just as they show up on the post. I didn't resize em. I'm not the most techie person. LOL. Big reason I'm digging the new format of the forum. Seems easier to post pics.

Bob

That is a fun time of life, was there recently, enjoy.

Mrs. G-man, MD has been an anesthesiologist for over 25 years. Lately she has begun to think kids are better off as CRNAs. The training is shorter, the money is good and the work/life balance is much better. Very few people understand the sacrifice doctors personally make during their training and work and the money is not worth it. Basically, there is no shame in being a CRNA and OK to change his mind. We know one guy that quit after his 3rd year of med school to become a PA. But if he really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really wants to be a doctor, go for it. We need them and good ones too!
Thanks for the insight, G-Man. I will relay this to him. I have a feeling that as he gets into the nursing coursework, things may change. But, he loves it. Told him once he's making the big bucks, he's buying his old man a nice stick burner! LOL!

Bob

Nice to see you Post Bob. Nice to hear about your Kids Glad they are doing well and things are good for you. Agree with the above about the CRNP. I am a nurse and a retired Psychiatric Nurse Practioner and did well with it. I have 2 S-I-Ls that are CRNAs and are doing very well. One of their daughters became one too. As a CRNA you dont come out of school with a mortgage of a dept to repay. But good for him

Nice to see you Post Bob. Nice to hear about your Kids Glad they are doing well and things are good for you. Agree with the above about the CRNP. I am a nurse and a retired Psychiatric Nurse Practioner and did well with it. I have 2 S-I-Ls that are CRNAs and are doing very well. One of their daughters became one too. As a CRNA you dont come out of school with a mortgage of a dept to repay. But good for him
Thanks, George for the insight. I will relay this info to him as well.

Bob

Good to see you posting, Bob. Everything looks delicious!
Can't believe how much the little ones have grown..... guess it's been around 17 years since first seeing them on the forums! šŸ˜

Back