Carolina Barbecue vs BBQ??? What's up with that?

N8man....I just wanted to say thanks. I went to the store after reading your original post and they had legs and thighs on sale. I took it as a sign. Hahaha.

I followed your directions, and it was a hit!
(I must have been running a little cooler than I thought. It took me about an hour, to get to 170° IT.)

I strongly recommend others try this method/recipe!:grin:

We tried your recipe on Saturday and it turned out great.

It is a quick cook and very tasty.

We will be having it again.

Thanks N8man

N8man, many thanks...

Was craving this all week after the read, so I changed up my kettle to accommodate the deliciousness and was pleasantly surprised- great looking and tasting... Thanks for providing some fine southern seasoning to this transplanted Yankee!
imagejpg1_zpsd74fa4bf.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsab13449f.jpg

imagejpg5_zps5e7b8f5e.jpg

I'm sure glad everyone is enjoying the pit cooked chicken recipe....
I got two family packs of chickie thighs I'll be cooking
tomorrow......

thanks for this!! those chickens look great. i think they sell that in pathmark, but not sure. will try it though. have you ever dunked one in bbq sauce? thanks.

My Autrey's Chicken Mix arrived today!!! Will be doing some chicken in a couple of days here myself.

My Autrey's Chicken Mix arrived today!!! Will be doing some chicken in a couple of days here myself.

Don't be afraid to use that breader on other stuff besides chicken. I REALY like it on fried catfish.

Well come to of it, I bread everything that gets fried at my house with it. Oh, and fried pickles!!!!! Ok, I think you get my point..

I've got a mighty strong hankering for some BBQ Chicken!!!

and...Chicken Thighs are on sale at the local market (FoodLion) this week!!!...

Will be seeing y'all in the smoke later on this week!!!!

Just bought some HOA and did a mess of flounder Saturday, fresh from catching that afternoon, that's all I've ever used for breading. Will be trying the chick soon. Thanks for the heads up on the Food Lion sale N8.

N8.... a few points
1.) You speak the truth. BBQ is Pork in NC.
2.) Your chicken looks great and I will be trying it soon
3.) House Autry is a southern staple
4.) my Mom cooks her corn bread the same way... Fried skillet corn bread and a bowl of pintos on a cold day makes for some good memories.

Thanks Again

Chicken.jpg

Turned out great.... I used my own rub which is pretty close to your recipe. This is now a fixture in my cook book.

Last edited:
I tried the famous breading for chicken this evening. I coated it very well but I must have shaken off too much before putting it on the BSK.
I was very moist and wife said it was excellent eats. I am a bit bummed but I will definately try it again with leaving more breading on it when it hits the grill/smoker.
No pictures as today has been a huge blur here.
Thanks for listening.

It tokkMe

I was trolling thru the supermarket today (I'm always looking for some new ingredient to try) and what did I stumble across? It took me about 15 minutes to find the post with the recipe. Now I guess I'll be cooking yardbird this weekend. Thanks N8man.

Attachments

• House Autry Chicken breader.jpg
    House Autry Chicken breader.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 43
Back