butcher paper

hogzillas

Full Fledged Farker
What do people use for butcher paper to wrap briskets? I found some OK Joes at Academy to try & it's garbage unless your briskets are no more than 4" wide. Had to use pretty much half the roll like a candy cane stripe to wrap a 13lb brisket so tossed the other half roll :mad::mad2:

24 inch rolls work well. you can get by with 18 just go two wide I bought 1000 ft roll over six years ago and still have more than 500 ft left

This ↑↑↑↑. I like the 24" rolls because that is counter width, and clean-up is really easy when making jerky or sausage or about anything.

I've watched a lot of videos where "narrower" butcher paper was used. 2 lengths, overlapped by 4 or 5 inches and wrap away.

Bet rolling it like a candy cane was no fun.

Webrestarauntsupply has 24" x 700ft rolls for $21.50, but the price doubles with shipping cost. Still a better deal than anything on amazon.

Last edited:
You use about 3' to wrap a Brisket, so 225+ briskets later, you need a new roll. I wouldn't want to have to store a 700' roll for the number of years it would take me to use it all. I went with a 175' roll and that will still last me for years and years at the rate I cook them.

As others have mentioned, it is also the perfect countertop width, and can be used for many other things. So having a few hundred extra feet hanging around may not be a bad thing for lots of folks.

You use about 3' to wrap a Brisket, so 225+ briskets later, you need a new roll. I wouldn't want to have to store a 700' roll for the number of years it would take me to use it all. I went with a 175' roll and that will still last me for years and years at the rate I cook them.

Yes

24 inch rolls work well. you can get by with 18 just go two wide I bought 1000 ft roll over six years ago and still have more than 500 ft left

And I use to cover prep surfaces too. Thing is there aren't many place to put a 24" long roll of paper

Back