Butcher Paper...is this what i need?

wipiRS7l.png

This is what I use. 23.99 shipped for 150’. Not super cheap but works great

Yeah, question the "treated" terminolgy you want it to be able to absorb fats. I would recommend the 24" wide roll, no only for wrapping but your counters are about that width, so you can lay it down for prepping all kinds of things, clean-up is really easy.

Some butcher papers have a coating on one side.

However, do not confuse the term "treated" or "sizing" with the term "coating". Treated butcher paper is usually in reference to a process called sizing. Sizing is a starch-based product added in the last step of manufacturing the paper. It is add for strength when the paper gets wet and also provides a slight leak resistance. Sizing is more commonly found in some 12", 15", and 18" rolls of paper, as they are more commonly used for raw meat wrapping, where most 24", 30", and 36" rolls of butcher paper are usually not "treated" or "sized". The "treated/sized" paper is still rated for direct contact with food and they still breath in the same manner as non-treated, the starch merely gives it a little more strength. Most importantly, it is a food grade starch, so you do not have to be worried about petrochemicals, wax, or plastics on this paper. The preferred butcher paper has no coating of any type and is thicker, denser, and heavier in weight. Uncoated butcher paper will allow the meat to breath while it speeds up cooking time and keeps that bark nice and firm.

Thanks for the info @IamMadMan...btw i've seen your avatar a bunch now and am i the only person who thinks it looks like your are rosting E.T. over an open pit? If that's not E.T.'s head/face, then I don't know what is haha

Going to start using butcher paper to help through stalls and just to try.
Is this what i'm looking for?
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-x-700-40-peach-treated-butcher-paper-roll/43318PEA.html

shipping is $20 and i don't think i need 700 feet so maybe i'll find some 200 feet rolls for cheaper.
This is good stuff. 24 is best as 18 will take 2 sheets per brisket. I'd rather pay $10 more for 4 times more. You can use it for all kinds of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes this is what you want, 18" works great you may need to double up for a large brisket. 24" is great some folks just don't have the room.

Back