THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some have mentioned you are taking a chance with them, but if they are safe to put raw veges and other things in them, I am guessing they will do just fine. My Mom used to make the best dang apple pie using a paper bag to bake them in.
Dave

While it may not be a food safe approved paper for direct contact for food, it is certainly the lesser evil of all the other choices.

If I was in a bind I would rather use a brown paper bag than rosin paperr kraft paper.

I have used many of them through the years. I know that doesn't mean that they are totally safe but I feel that it at least says there not imminently deadly either. As other have said, long before I was using them my mother and grandmother was using them as well. The only part that has any glue is the bottom. You could cut the bottom out and use the remaining paper to wrap with if you are concerned about the glue.

You can cook with them, as Bludawg said, cut out the bottom and seam. Works fine then.

I swear I can taste the paper when using them, so I don't use any kraft paper. But, others do just fine.

Still a GO! On my WSM going with no water foil lined pan, foil pan above it on second rack to catch drippings for gravy and bag wrapped brisket after hitting the bark.

The paper bags I have are a no go. I smelled them and the have an almost perfume smell. We have about 6 and they are all together. Label on the bottom says 100% recyclable and contains a minimum of 40% post consumer recycled content.

Not Gonna Do It! Looks like nekked or foil cook. Pic's to follow.

Thanks for all the replies.

Back