THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HPD510

Name or Nickame
Nick
Hey all, so I’ll be cooking all our meats for our upcoming wedding. We are going to be doing brisket and pork butt. I have no issue with how to properly store and reheat the butts, but my question is the brisket. I much prefer to leave them whole and slice at the wedding like I have done in the past. Problem is, it’s a small family wedding and I sure won’t be standing there to slice the meat at my own wedding. We have some family help that’s going to do the serving, but am unsure on their capabilities on properly slicing brisket.

Any thoughts on if it would significantly impact the dryness of the meat if I just went ahead and sliced it before packaging for reheating the day of the wedding?

Yes, it will. If it's a small wedding you are only talking 3-5 briskets. Take 15 minutes and slice the brisket at the wedding or hire someone to do it.

Back