Brisket prices at restaurant

I don't know everything about food costs in a restaurant but from what i gather brisket isn't a huge money maker. They yield maybe 5-6 pounds when you start with a 12-14 lb packer. Labor to cook them, seasonings, wood, pickles, onion, bread, maybe sauce plus all the other overhead.

A couple of places around here have broken down their costs in the past. Effectively, they make very little on brisket and make their profit on other meats and sides. Brisket is what gets people in the door though.

Just drove through Rudy’s BBQ and the prices posted above are what’s posted on board. Picked up small slaw, bean salad and cream corn, one sausage link. 15.76 to go with Brisket I cooked. Forgot The Brides rice Krispy treat. Parking lot was almost packed, Help Wanted sign couldn’t be missed.

Sausage and sides. Great combo

If you forget that Rice Krispy treat, you might want to come out of retirement and inquire about the help wanted. Just saying.

If my SWMBO puts something on the list...I highlight and underline it and make it my first stop when I get there. Surprise, and if necessary over-deliver, but please for the love of uhh...don't show up empty handed. A bag of BBQ doesn't count. #ManageExpectations :wink:

I understand the resale viewpoint and thank them for all their work and dedication to the craft of BBQ. But DANG! That said, 5T Firehouse here is Jarrell is still 18.95...so far.

Is that right off I-35 in what looks like someone's back yard? I drive thru there a few times per week.
c260157f00be49a72c21db92e84e5a74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is that right off I-35 in what looks like someone's back yard? I drive thru there a few times per week.
c260157f00be49a72c21db92e84e5a74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's on the west side of I35 down the street from where they are building the Dairy Queen by the Jarrell Town Center. It's in the parking lot of the Brookshire Bros.

What you are seeing is on the east side and is a food trailer park called the Granary. https://thegranarytx.com/ I have no affiliation and have not tried them. Website says "Market Prices".

BBQ joint near me took brisket off the menu for awhile and expanded to other offerings. Said what he would have to charge was embarrassing.

Back