Brisket over breasts set up????

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hey folks,

I'm planning a big cook in two weeks. Want to have a solid plan. I'm brining the boneless turkey breasts and injecting the breasts & brisket.

I don't want my breast tasking beefy, especially considering I'm injecting the brisket so they drip beefy juices.

I was considering this set up.
Beef on top rack.
Middle rack underneath beef w/ large water pan.
Breasts underneath the water pan on bottom rack.

Good idea? Have a other solutions?

Thanks in advance!
JD

Sounds ok to me as long as you're aware of the temp difference between your top and bottom rack if any.

Choose which meat you want in what temp accordingly.

You can use the beef juice you catch as an au jus dipper.

OK.....I'm hungry.

Sounds ok to me as long as you're aware of the temp difference between your top and bottom rack if any.

Choose which meat you want in what temp accordingly.

You can use the beef juice you catch as an au jus dipper.

OK.....I'm hungry.

Thanks Football,

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure of the temp diff between top and bottom. Here's my educated guess. Since much of the hot air and smoke is delivered towards the bottom of th cook chamber, I'm guessing the closer to the bottom, the hotter it is. Though I do thing the convection fan and circulating fans mitigate that differential a bit. The other factor is the electric thermostat fan controller sensor is in the top exhaust to the cook temp you set it at is based upon the temp of the air tulles out of the exhaust on top. The point is, the bottom temp is probably higher.

As far as internal temp of the meats, I have a Meater Block WiFi thermometer, w/ 4 probes. That way I can closely monitor one internal temp progression.

JD

Back